Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 56

HEY! ‘Halloween’ was CRAZY! Everyone just goes to the cemetery and celebrates their dead loved ones. There’s a lot of alcohol and festivity. The cemeteries are packed. It's so different. They call it All Saints Day and it’s on Nov. 1. We just went home at 6.

This week we had a SUPER great meeting with Elder Lynn G. Robbins. He talked about two companion doctrines: 100% Accountability, 100% Agency. He also talked about the companion doctrines, Forgiveness and Repentance. It was just SO wonderful to listen to him speak to us. He shared with us about 3 Nephi 11 where Christ visited the Nephites and asked if the Savior walked in right now, what would we do? Would we fall to our knees? I know for a fact I would. I've asked myself that question and pondered it this week. And the reason why is because I'm learning about Him and His ways. Elder Robbins said that "we as missionaries are enrolled in the Lord's University in some of the toughest courses in the world. Diligence 505, Patience 505, Charity 505, and Faith 505. Tough courses, but incredible courses." I have to agree 100%! It's been tough. But the Lord's university is the one preparing me to return to Him and I will never get these courses ever again anywhere else but in the Philippines. Anyway just a little thought I learned this week. I miss home, but the Philippines is my second home. :)

We also had another great special missionary meeting. Elder Dallin H. Oaks came and gave the whole Philippines a special broadcast about the area goals. He talked about feasting on the words of Christ and especially Christlike attributes. I really loved it! Everything I needed was in that meeting. I just could feel that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ LOVES this country. They know and see all that these people go through and do every day of their lives. The Lord is blessing the Philippines and it's blessing my life. My heart will always be here in this country, especially with all my Filipina companions. Team Philippines!

We haven't seen our investigator Jen for a long time.. I miss her a lot. But we're going to visit her this week! :) I will send pics maybe next week of her cause she's so cute and I just love her with all my heart. We got to visit one of our recent converts this past week, tho. We haven't seen her in so long since I've been sick. She’s so cute. I will send pics of her cute kids next time. She loves the missionaries and it just was really nice to hear her testimony of Christ. She began telling us how her family has been having a rough time lately. She said that we answered her prayers and she cried as she said, "I'll never forget when the missionaries visit me." I've been learning more and more how much the members really love the missionaries here in this area. It's so important to slow down and take the time to visit them and get to know them, their concerns, and be an answer to their prayers of needed comfort and refreshment. I loved that. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. I am here and am only a representative full time of Jesus Christ for three more months! I really love it. It's so hard, but so great. I want to be in this work forever.

Anyways, that was my week. Pretty great if you ask me. :) Overall I just love Moroni 7. I felt the Spirit so strong studying about faith and hope in Christ. Count how many times Mormon says, "having faith in Christ" or "believe" in Christ. It's very inspiring to read about faith and hope. I'm almost finished reading the BOM on my own personal reading -- BOOYAH! I encourage you to study it if you can. It's a beautiful chapter about Mormon teaching us about Faith in Jesus Christ. I know that we can do ANYTHING He asks us when we come unto Him and have faith in Him. Thank you for all you do for me. I just love you so much, mom. Get ready, cause the cold is coming! I'm enjoying the heat and rain here :) Just get the coats ready cause I'll be heading that way in about 2 more transfer cycles! HA! :) I can feel the time getting faster and faster. But the Lord is supporting me. :) Have a GREAT week!!! 

xoxo,
Sister Seastrand

No comments:

Post a Comment