Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 65

Hey well, I know I'm writing early this week. Mostly because I'm headed to Manila later today to go to immigration offices and do finger printing with some of the other Americans in my batch. DON'T WORRY I'M FINE. :) I'll be back with my companion on Tuesday night. :)   I GOT MY PACKAGE! :) Thank you so SO MUCH! Everything was great!! I loved the quotes, the "He is the gift" cards, the ENSIGNS! And especially the new WHITE clothing items :) You wouldn't believe how much whiter they are compared to the others haha! I said to myself, "Have I really been living like this for 18 months?! The Lord truly does make things light for a high maintenance girl!" haha....Thanks for  the tape recorder! It was great to hear your voice! :) Thank you so much! I'm so excited to be able to work it and try to figure it out. I opened the package on the bus coming home from a meeting yesterday and when we got home to our apartment I tried to figure out the tape and practice it. We'll see. Anyways, everything was the BEST! Thank you SO SO MUCH. :)

This week has been pretty great. We taught Jen the word of wisdom, and she and Jomar are getting their marriage papers all figured out... Things are coming together for them, slowly but surely, and I just love being a part of their lives. If there are any three people that have changed my life for me, it's: Sister Ricketts, President Mangum, Sister Jen C.

ANYWAYS we got a little punted by our new investigators this week (actually a lot) BUT I'm just holding on. Enduring to the end seems a little rough at times but I know that I need to rely on Christ to get me through rough times. He is the way to get through it. :)  We have a busy week ahead with me going to Manila, zone training meeting, and zone interviews with President Mangum. I'm really looking forward to interviews with him... What a blessing he is to my life and strength for me.

LEARNED:
This week I was reading in our True to the Faith about our consciences and something really stood out to me. It says that when we procrastinate our repentance and continue in sin, we can dim our lights of discernment within like as if a "hot iron seared" through it. Our consciences are so fragile! I'm reminded of the scripture in Moroni 10:32, "Yea, come unto Christ and be perfected in Him and deny yourselves of ALL ungodliness." Let go of the pride, and of the ungodliness and we can all be perfected in Him. "and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness and love God with all your heart, might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you.... and if by grace ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God." We will basically gain a strong testimony of God and His Son when we experience His grace.

Have a GREAT week this week and I'll talk to you in a short amount of days! :) LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

xoxo,
Sister Seastrand

No comments:

Post a Comment