Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 63

HI!! Thanks again for the skype call! It was so good to see you all....it was good for me to see you all and talk to you. You all looked great and sounded great too! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Don't worry, we'll both be going to be at 10:30 pm right? ;) Enjoy with the family! 

Here's our NEW YEARS plans: we have a curfew at 7:00 on Dec. 31. That's all. We'll still proselyte and teach as much as we can. Sometimes it's hard to teach because people are busy, but knowing the determined person I am, it doesn't stop me and my comp from finding and teaching :) I don't yet have the package, but I will be on the lookout for it. I bet I will get it by Jan. 9th. :) No worries! We'll just wait for it to come when it comes. :)

My LAST 6 weeks as an official rep of the true Church on the earth has now commenced. NO TRANSFERS FOR ME :) I'll be finishing my mission out here in Candelaria with my last companion, Sister Martinez.  She is the cutest, spiritual, sweetest, companion ever.  We have a lot of charity in our companionship and it's something that brings me great joy everyday when we work together. :) 

Sister Emery, my beloved housemate, is sadly transferred. WAH :/  The other Sister Martinez will still be here with her new companion. :) I'm excited to still be here in Candelaria as my last area. It's weird to think I only have 3 areas, but I know that there is a purpose for all things. I know that our investigator, Jen, is the reason why I'm here. I'm so grateful to stay and help her be baptized and confirmed. It's the best feeling in the world. I can't believe it's a new year! I'll be home in 6 weeks, and no longer an official rep of the church. But I know if I endure to the end and work hard and obey, I will have no regrets like mom said. That's the goal! :) No regrets.

This week with Christmas was just GREAT! We got to visit a member and a less active on Christmas. We focused our message on the Nativity. I know that my testimony grew 10 times bigger as I studied the gospels. Jesus Christ's life was a life we can emulate to others, in order to help them have a chance to return to our Father in Heaven. The interesting thing about LIGHT is that God is the source of all Light. He created all things and so all things are in Him, and He is alive in all things. When we are filled with His light, we reflect that light to other people and they FIND the light through our examples, BACK to the greatest source of all light--Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.

Our investigator, Jen, CAME TO CHURCH again! AND she talked to her parents about getting married. We feel the time is AT HAND for their marriage, and most importantly, her baptism and confirmation. And that's only the beginning people! :)  I have to say as a missionary, you find joy that you can't find anywhere else in seeing people the way God sees them. As children of a Heavenly King. How does God handle all the love he feels for each of us? How is it possible? I know that helping others helps us too. It picks us back up and reminds us of who we are. We have deity in our souls, in our spirits.

HAPPY 2015! Time for new year's resolutions. Don't forget to set GOALS and make PLANS to actually make those resolutions happen :)

xoxo,
Sister Seastrand

No comments:

Post a Comment