Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 46

This week has been great. It sounds good that you're all back in to school and schedules and everything. Thank you SO MUCH for the advice about school and 'life' things for me. I felt very peaceful when reading what you said, Mom, and I agree that I can worry about those things when I get home. I need your advice all the time. Thank you for taking the time to write that to me...here's what's in my mind:  I guess I had a moment of stressing out about 'life after mission', but I realize that I only have 6 months left here in my mission. I NEED to give it my best every day. I'm not perfect, but I want to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength - no matter what. As far as school, I really don't have any feelings about where to go and I'm definitely needing to find a job after to save money. I know I will need that time to come down from my spiritual high. I'm expecting to experience some after-mission blues, because I love my mission and what I'm learning here. I don't want to leave! Anyways: I think so far my plan right now is to live at home with my two wonderful parents for a couple months, figure out a car and a job. That's all and that feels better. :)  Enough about those things, I had a blessing that told me I will be able to receive revelation for myself. So I'm doing alright.  :) 

This week.....
About Willmar, we visited him this last week and got to talk to him about what happened. He is so sad, but he told us he will never forget what we taught him and we challenged him to continue reading the Book of Mormon. He's so great! Even though I'm sad, I know that it's not his time. Someday, he will be baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. I know it. :)

On Saturday we had a baptism! Alexander! YAY!!!! :) He is 19 years old. And he's definitely why I've been in this area for 6 months. He had a wonderful service and I'm so grateful for him and his strong desire to serve God and Jesus Christ.  Next Sunday he will be ordained in the Aaronic Priesthood! He is wonderful. I think he will serve a mission, too. I wish I could come back when he goes in the temple. That would be cool to see. Anyways...Great experience this week :) 

I had the chance to have exchanges with Sister Burt on Friday before our baptism (my companion from the MTC). It was SO great!! It's so fun to see our growth as missionaries, and to talk about life, our missions, and reminisce about the MTC. We both have changed and grown a lot. I got to tell her about some of my spiritual experiences here in my mission, and she got to help me in my teaching. She's awesome! I love her a lot  :)

Exchanges with Sister Burt!
OKAY so big news: It's transfer week this week.... AH! I know I'm transferred... mostly because I've been here 6 months. It feels weird, but at the same time I know it's time to move on. I have to admit I'm a little bit tired in this area. It's been a difficult one as far as Member Missionary Work. BUT how can I forget the feelings I had first coming here, feeling the weight of being a trainer being lifted off my shoulders.  Or meeting Willmar, my spirit friend from the pre-existence? Or coming at the time of Alex's time to enter the covenant of baptism? Or loving the sunsets and rain, my apartment, my companions. There's been some really hard times here and some really spiritual experiences. As I sat at my study desk last night, I just reminisced about this area. The feeling of joy just swept over me and I remembered all the sweet experiences I have had here, and all the times Heavenly Father has shown mercy to me and given me things I really needed and prayed and fasted for. I will always love Santa Cruz, 1a :) BUT it's onto new things, new experiences, and more growing. 

By the way, my camera's been acting up lately. I'm getting a little nervous because I need to take pictures!!! I will update you on that next week what I will do. I think my memory card has a virus but I'm not sure.

That's been my week! It's been a nice one. Thank you so much for your support. Thank you so much!!! Have a great week at school and work, waking up early, and just remember that your daughter/sister/grand daughter all the way in the Philippines loves you all so much. :) I'm happy and I'm doing fine. :) Talk to you next week!!!!

xoxo,

Sister Seastrand

No comments:

Post a Comment