Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 47

An example of a 'Skate'
Drum roll please...I'm now in my 3rd area,  Candelaria 1a. :) I'm not sure why I'm always in the areas with a "1a" on the end. So, this area is HUGE. Literally it's overwhelming. It's also one of the harder areas in the mission I've heard. But I LOVE IT. It's the bomb. It's like Vernal and St. George, mixed. They have a petrol station and they have this thing called a "skate" which is like a little mini train that looks like a house on wheels. It's so fast and fun. It takes us into town and out of town. I LOVE IT. My new companion is Sister Rafisura :) Filipina, from the same place as Sister Dadivas. 28 years old. She is super cute. Basically I'm her follow-up trainer. I love it...It's taking me back to my training days with Sister Ricketts. SPEAKING OF WHICH...I am now in the same zone as her!!!! :) I'm so happy. ALSO Sister Pruden is in this area... Remember Megan? yeah cool, huh?!

Our apartment is a house. The washing room for our clothes is in our CR but it's super big. Its got marble and stuff. It's a little old, but it's not bad. It has a tiny front yard. It's cute :)
Zone P-Day
So this week: We had a little FHE with some of the members and our ward mission leader and Alex. This gave us a chance to say goodbye to Alex (our newest member--last week's baptism). We all played some games and such and took pictures. It was nice. I told him to facebook me after the mission. I know he will continue on doing great things. 
Anyways, not much happened, other than getting settled in the new area. This week has been a tiring one, but I'm glad to finally be here. We took a nice big bus to our area. Of course, it POURED rain like it does every transfer day. I bore my testimony in straight tagalog in church. The ward is huge here and SO NICE. I love it so much. I'm already so excited to work in this area. I'm excited to be with my new companion. She's great. And this ward is a great ward. It's like little tender mercies everywhere! I love it. I'm so grateful to be a missionary. I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon.
Anyways... not much to report other than that. :) Sorry this is so short! I will write more next week. I'm glad to be with Sister Rafisura in my new area.  It's going to be a great time :) Have a good week!! LOVE YOU!
xoxo,

Sister Seastrand

No comments:

Post a Comment