Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 51

HEY!  Alright---Mom, don't freak out or anything, but this week was a little different. We were having a zone p-day last week, and were in Lucena. All of a sudden I started getting these weird body aches.  As the day progressed, I just was not feeling well at all. At one point I thought I was going to pass out so I sat down in the supermarket with my companion and told her I couldn't go anymore.  We went to the clinic to get some medicine for my fever and body aches. I couldn't even think of trying to get to transportation for the drive back to Candelaria, so I laid sick in the bed for 2 hours with screaming body aches in the Lucena Sister's apartment.  President and Sister Mangum with the Gallbraith’s (they know the McIntire’s, btw) came to get me! It was a crazy day. Anyways, I was sick for 3 days so we had NO district meeting and NO work for 3 days this week! UGH.
 
So we have water now! YAY! It’s so funny to see all of our water buckets from storage and from buying water at PureGold. ROUGH. It's been a weird transfer! haha So no one came to church again but it's okay because I think the Lord is really trying to teach me a lesson in humility. I'm learning so much this last week about how much the Lord loves me. I feel really close to Heavenly Father lately... probably because of my experience being sick (I guess I will share the whole details in about 4 months) but I could just feel God with me. I think we need to remember that God is closer to us in our everyday “going about's” than we realize. "For He is in all things, round about all things, through all things, and all things are before Him." I know that Heavenly Father loves me. And I'm grateful that He teaches me.
 
Sister Rafisura and I have been pretty down lately. Mostly just angry at our area, and our investigators are dropping us right and left, and I've been feeling frustrated.  And then today I studied on a topic I may or may not have been neglecting to study: Humility. Why does it always go back to our humility? It's because humility is the key to accessing the power of the Atonement and changing our NATURES, not just our BEHAVIORS. Out of all I've been through this week, if there's one thing I know and have learned: Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are all One in purpose. And they want to be part of our natures. I know that as we access the atonement and humble ourselves we can gain real conversion to our Savior Jesus Christ. There's two questions everyday that I ask myself when I wake up: "Is it my will today? Or is it my Father's will today?" I think I'm learning more and more that the second choice is the celestial choice. I know if I am diligent and obedient and give my ALL to the Lord, how great will be my joy when I see my Savior again and have the confidence that I did the Father's will. Heavenly Father is willing to come as close as we let him, based on our answer to those two questions. Whose will is it today?
 
This week has been hard... not going to lie, it's been a trying week. But I'm not going to give up. My stubborn backbone is kicking in, and I'm going to continue to fight for the right, for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know He lives and loves me. I know He is there to help me when I fall. I know that if I have faith in Him, we will find investigators that are ready to receive Him. I may not always be on the side of the vineyard where the harvesters are working, but I know I have a part here. And I can't see all the fruits yet. But If I am faithful, it will bear fruit in this part of the kingdom on earth. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ! I can't think of a better privilege than this. How lucky I am to serve Heavenly Father. I love them, and love them for their plan. I've got 4 and a half months to serve my Savior and Redeemer with all my heart. I'm not letting anything stop this sister! :)
 
It sounds like the Morningside was awesome, glad to hear that. And the weather!! I'm so jealous. Take pictures of the leaves! :) Also, there haven’t been any more typhoons (haha)… just that weird one, meant for only me. It was definitely strange, but the weather is so unpredictable here. 
 
For conference, we won't get to see it until October 11 and 12 (the following week). We'll get to go to the stake center in Lucena City and watch all the sessions there as members and missionaries! I can't wait! I'm excited to follow our leaders. I'm so jealous about the Women's Meeting!!! (That’s right, Mom, our last one apart. haha  It's true.)
 
So I just want to inform you: Sister Mckinney is a sister here that is from Utah. She lives in Spanish Fork, but she is going home next week. I gave her a letter for the fam and some pictures to enjoy... sorry it's not much but I had no time to write it while she visited the area. I hope you enjoy it! She will either mail it to Orem or just take it directly. :) I feel closer to you already, mom! :)
 
Well, I love you all so much. Thanks for showing and teaching me by example how to follow Jesus Christ and serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength. It says in PMG under Lesson 2 of the Plan of Salvation under the Atonement section (which is my fav, by the way), "All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." Have a great week. I can't wait to hear from you again!!! I LOVE YOU TONS! I will drink water. Don't worry :)
 
xoxo, 
Sister Seastrand

No comments:

Post a Comment